Nominees are currently being sought for the American Baptist Churches of Ohio Region Board Treasurer.
Job Description (volunteer):
- The Treasurer is an active participant of the Executive Committee which includes the President, Vice President, Secretary, Past President and Executive Minister.
- Oversees all revenues, expenses and communicates this information to the Board on a quarterly basis.
- In cooperation with the ABC Ohio Staff as well as the Budget and Finance Committee, the Treasurer works to create the Budget Draft and present it to the Board for approval.
- In cooperation with the Senior Accountant, the Treasurer develops and presents the Annual Budget and an over view of the financial health of ABC Ohio at the Annual Gathering.
- Ensures development and Board review of sound fiscal policies and procedures.
- Acts as an official signer on the ABC Ohio bank account and works with Executive Minister and Senior Accountant on large monetary distributions.
- Oversees any financial agreements in consultation with the Finance Committee.
- Participates in revenue generation activities including cultivation and stewardship.
- Serves as the Chair of the Finance Committee.
- In cooperation with the Board Officers and Senior Accountant, accepts responsibility for filing annual tax forms as required by the State or the IRS.
- Provides a full financial report to the Board annually.
- Ensure the protection of funds from any potential misuse by any other members of the committee.
- Participate in the Annual Auditing Process
- Works with the Executive Minister to Plan and ensure adherence to the pre-determined financial budget for the year.
Please forward possible nominees to Rev. Mark Click.
We are inviting pastors and church leaders to view the Multi-Region Webinar with author Tod Bolsinger from Thursday, November 18, 2021. Tod unpacks his book “Canoeing the Mountains” to give vision to how we can be adaptive leaders in times of change. This was a FREE webinar sponsored by ABC Ohio and ABC partner regions. The recording of the webinar can be found by CLICKING THIS LINK.
Drawing from his extensive experience as a pastor and consultant, Tod Bolsinger brings decades of expertise in guiding churches and organizations through uncharted territory. He offers a combination of illuminating insights and practical tools to help you reimagine what effective leadership looks like in our rapidly changing world.
Explorers Lewis and Clark had to adapt. While they had prepared to find a waterway to the Pacific Ocean, instead they found themselves in the Rocky Mountains. You too may feel that you are leading in a cultural context you were not expecting. You may even feel that your training holds you back more often than it carries you along. Drawing from his extensive experience as a pastor and consultant, Tod Bolsinger brings decades of expertise in guiding churches and organizations through uncharted territory. He offers a combination of illuminating insights and practical tools to help you reimagine what effective leadership looks like in our rapidly changing world. If you’re going to scale the mountains of ministry, you need to leave behind canoes and find new navigational tools.
“We Are American Baptist Churches of Ohio – Our Heritage & Mission,” was produced to provide a reminder of our rich heritage, mission, and covenant. The question for our congregations, leaders and pastors is: “What does it mean for you and your congregation to be a member of the American Baptist Churches of Ohio?”
American Baptist Churches of Ohio has a partnership with Judson Press, National Ministries’ publishing ministry for the denomination. “Judson Press Regional Rewards” is an affiliate bookstore program that provides an easy way to generate funds for our region's ministries. Read more to find out how to participate in the program . . .