Nominees are currently being sought for the American Baptist Churches of Ohio Region Board Treasurer.
Job Description (volunteer):
- The Treasurer is an active participant of the Executive Committee which includes the President, Vice President, Secretary, Past President and Executive Minister.
- Oversees all revenues, expenses and communicates this information to the Board on a quarterly basis.
- In cooperation with the ABC Ohio Staff as well as the Budget and Finance Committee, the Treasurer works to create the Budget Draft and present it to the Board for approval.
- In cooperation with the Senior Accountant, the Treasurer develops and presents the Annual Budget and an over view of the financial health of ABC Ohio at the Annual Gathering.
- Ensures development and Board review of sound fiscal policies and procedures.
- Acts as an official signer on the ABC Ohio bank account and works with Executive Minister and Senior Accountant on large monetary distributions.
- Oversees any financial agreements in consultation with the Finance Committee.
- Participates in revenue generation activities including cultivation and stewardship.
- Serves as the Chair of the Finance Committee.
- In cooperation with the Board Officers and Senior Accountant, accepts responsibility for filing annual tax forms as required by the State or the IRS.
- Provides a full financial report to the Board annually.
- Ensure the protection of funds from any potential misuse by any other members of the committee.
- Participate in the Annual Auditing Process
- Works with the Executive Minister to Plan and ensure adherence to the pre-determined financial budget for the year.
Please forward possible nominees to Rev. Mark Click.