This section provides all of the necessary information for ordination through the American Baptist Churches of Ohio.
The forms and information needed for the ordination process of the American Baptist Churches of Ohio can be found here. This includes links to all of the materials that can be found in the ordination packet. If you are interested in the process of ordination, take a moment to read through the materials provided here and contact your local pastor for more information.
- The Ordination Process through the American Baptist Churches of Ohio
- The Recommended Process for Ordination (or Recognition of) in the American Baptist Churches of Ohio
- Ordination Process Responsiblity of Parties (Candidate, Local Congregation, etc.)
- Three Tracks to Ordination
- Non-American Baptist Church Process for Ordination Recognition
- Ordination Candidate Worksheet/Checklist
- Ordination Paper Guidelines
- Ordination Candidate Midwest Assessment Authorization Form
- The Convenant and Code of Ethics for Ministerial Leaders of American Baptist Churches
- Learning Guide for the Covenant and Code of Ethics for Ministerial Leaders of American Baptist Churches
- American Baptist Churches of Ohio Resolution on Human Sexuality
The State Advisory Committee on Ordination recognizes three alternative tracks to ordination based on the “Recommended Procedures for Ordination, Commissioning and Recognition for the Christian Ministry in the American Baptist Churches,” adopted by The Ministerial Leadership Commission and The Ministers Council, American Baptist Churches USA.