An Art and Prayer Retreat led by Kit Ripley will be held November 10 to 12, 2017 at Kirkwood (formely Camp Kirkwood) in Wilmington, Ohio. Registration is limited to only 10 participants so do not wait to register! What does it mean to be “made in the image of God”? Which attributes of God are reflected in humanity? How does sin obscure the image of God in us? And how can we participate in the restoration of the image of God in our own lives? During this retreat, we will think about reflections, and you will be guided in the process of creating a self-portrait as you consider how God’s nature is reflected in your own life. Plan now to be a part!
s part of her ministry, Kit Ripley leads Art and Prayer Retreats for spiritual development in northern Thailand. At the retreat, participants do morning and evening prayers, contemplate on Biblical scriptures, and make art journals as a form of prayer. This year, Kit is also offering an Art and Prayer retreat in Ohio for those who want to learn about her work by experiencing it firsthand.
The theme of this retreat is “Image of God”. This theme comes from Genesis 1:27 which says, “So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” (NLT)
This retreat will start on Friday evening at 6pm, and end after lunch on Sunday.
Kit Ripley will lead devotional teaching and do art demonstrations designed to spark your creativity. You can bring your own art supplies or just come and explore the provided supplies. No previous art experience is needed.
Art Retreat Information and Policies
1) Kit is pleased to be able to offer this art retreat ministry as a time for rest and spiritual renewal. Art supplies will be provided for you to use and enjoy. There is no fee for my time and expertise.
2) Please note that this retreat is for adults to have an opportunity for spiritual growth, reflection, prayer, and exploring creativity. The activities are not designed for the unique developmental needs of children. Also, I cannot ensure the safety of children in the art room. Therefore, children under 18 will not be permitted to enter the art room. If you plan to come with a child, you must bring someone to provide childcare at all times, and spend time with your child outside the art room.
3) The cost of the retreat is $175 per person for the weekend for a shared room and meals at Camp Kirkwood. Accommodations will be twin-sized beds in a cabin with 5 people per cabin and a shared bathroom. Please bring your own sheets, blanket, pillow, and towel. You are expected to pay for the full weekend, even if you only attend for one night. Full payment is required in advance of the retreat. If you do not make your payment within two weeks before the retreat starts, you may lose your retreat slot to someone on the waiting list. You may cancel up to 2 weeks prior to the retreat for a full refund. No refund will be given for cancellation within 2 weeks of the retreat.
5991 Kenridge Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45242
4) The art retreat retreat starts with dinner at 6pm on Friday, Nov 10. Check in is between 3:00pm and 5:30pm. Please kindly make every effort to check in and get to dinner on time. Also, please note that Camp Kirkwood makes every effort to protect campers from contracting bedbugs by requiring that all luggage go through a 45 minute heating process to kill any unwanted “hitchhikers”. So as soon as all retreat participants have checked in, our luggage will be processed through the de-bugging machine before we will be permitted to unpack. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
5) Meals are included with the cost of your room. This includes dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
Alternatively, you are welcome to bring your own meals if you prefer. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the dining hall that we can use. However, please note that the cost of the retreat is a set fee, so bringing your own meals will not result in a reduction to your retreat fees.
6) Please bring snacks to share with the group.
7) The retreat will be limited to 10 participants. Limited registration allows me to give personal, individualized attention to each participant.
Look forward to seeing you there!